Monday 17 March 2014

My Indie Yarn problem continues...

Yet more gorgeous parcels made their way through the post to me this weekend courtesy of Etsy!



The first was this gorgeous pink/red/purple yarn from Marley Yarns, its a 4 ply sock yarn (75% merino and 25% nylon) in the Parrot 4 colour way.


Unlike the last set of yarns that insisted on being brighter in real life than in photos, this one is slightly darker in person.  It also is one that was bought for a specific reason!

My other purchase was from TheNakedSkein / Frankenskein Yarns on Etsy.

The first is a 100% Superwash BFL 4-ply yarn in medium green:


The other is a collection of mini-skeins in a rainbow of colours, which is 50% merino and 50% tencel - this is arguably the squishiest of the yarns bought so far, and its a mix of fibres that I'd definitely consider buying for other projects!


All of these yummy yarns are for use (at some point in the hopefully near future) in this:

Image copyright Heidi Bears

Since I really can't afford to buy several different colours of yarn for this one, unless I make it in Stylecraft that will give a much larger finished project, I figured that a smaller set of coloured yarns, some variegated yarn and a set of green for the body would be a good compromise!



No comments:

Post a Comment