Friday 30 May 2014

Stash Dash Week 1

So, just a quick little update today, since it's the end of week 1 of Stash Dash and I wanted to put everything in one place. At least, that was the plan... until I woke up this morning feeling utterly awful with the beginnings of a bug of some sort.

So I'll be throwing some quick pictures up here and then heading to the sofa to veg out with the new copy of Simply Crochet.

I've finished 2 things this week, both small bits of spinning from samples I've received with orders.

The first is 15m of chain plied Merino from Nunoco:


And the second was also chain plied, 39.5m of BFL/Silk in the Monster Mash colourway from Fondant Fibre - which was gloriously easy to spin.

Before:

After:

I actually really love this spun up! The red blobs have merged with the other colours to seem more brown, and the overall finished colour is kind of a field in spring - I love it!

The main crochet project I've been working on is a cushion cover for my parents:


The front has been finished for a while, I just finally got around to weaving in the ends last night, and I made a start on the panels for the back.


I kinda need to get this finished for the 8th June so that I can give it to my Mum, so I have extra motivation to get this finished :)

Meterage week 1:  54.5
Total meterage: 54.5/5000










No comments:

Post a Comment