Wednesday 30 April 2014

A very quick WIP Wednesday

It's been a hectic few weeks for me, and it doesn't look like getting much better for the next month or so - my only free weekend in May has just been claimed, so free time is going to have to be grabbed wherever it can!

Consequently, my WIP's haven't changed very much, I'm still plugging along with my Steggie, my ripple blanket has been put off until some cooler weather when I don't mind sitting on the sofa under a half finished blanket, and I picked up some chunky yarn and a rather large hook to make my Mum some cushion covers... and then promptly left everything at my parents' house so I can't work on it or take pictures until the next time I head over there!

One thing I have been working on recently, is some spinning! No, I don't have enough time for another hobby; no, that didn't stop me from buying a 'learn to spin' kit!

Anyway, spinning is quite easily as addictive as crochet, and much easier to do whilst watching the TV. So, my learn to spin kit quickly turned into a couple of spindles, a slowly growing pile of fibre and an entry in to Ravelry's Tour de Fleece.


Seriously... they're so pretty and squishy, and spinning (when it's going right) is so relaxing!

Anyway, most of the fibre I have at the moment is meant for specific projects. and there will be a post at some point with more pictures and details... when I can get my pictures to upload properly at any rate!

Meanwhile, have a few WIP photos...




Oh, and I made my cheap Ikea step stool look a bit prettier... figured I might as well, since the one thing I rarely use it for is standing on!





4 comments:

  1. Those fibres look absolutely stunning, as does your spinning. I'm resisting taking it up, because I've heard from others as well that it's really very addictive and the last thing I need is another craft for my collection. But seeing your beautiful yarn is very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, yeah, totally addictive :) even worse when you get into the forums on Ravelry, which are full of shameless enablers!!

      It is nice to be able to work with yarn that you've made yourself though!

      Delete
  2. Wow, your yarn looks wonderful! Such nice colours, and so soft and fluffy looking. I like what you did with the stool - I have one which could really do with a make-over. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) it's completely destroyed all my intentions to limit the size of my stash this year!!

      And I can advise to avoid chalk finish paint - it comes in lovely colours but is even worse than gloss for avoiding brush marks!

      Delete