Friday 28 February 2014

FO Friday


Inspired by Tami again, here's a couple of projects I finished this week...



I finally finished my Gingham inspired cushion. Took a little longer than expected, mostly because I headed over to my parents' for a few days and got distracted by other things!

I simply joined the front to the back with a round of single crochet and then added a quick shell pattern to the edge. The buttons came with a copy of Mollie Makes and I added some loops of chain stitch to hold everything closed - this is the one part I'm not sure of and might end up unpicking and changing around. 



Overall, for a first attempt at crocheting both the front and the back in different patterns, I'm quite pleased! It's not perfect, but I know what to improve on my next attempt... namely making sure I've got the same number of stitches on both the front and the back!!


The other thing I finished off this weekend was a small crochet frame. I've had the frame itself made for a couple of months, but I wasn't completely sure what to do with it. Then inspiration struck... of course it did so at about 10.15 at night, and it had to be done there and then, no putting it off until a more sensible time the following evening! And so, a small crochet flower, some rusty embroidery skills, a few buttons and some gold thread later, I ended up with this...


I kinda like it! I'd probably go for a more neutral fabric pattern next time, as it's a little busy for the background, and I'm not happy with the placement of the red flower, but for a spur of the moment attempt, I'm kinda happy with it!




4 comments:

  1. Your cushion looks great and I love your crochet flower/embroidery piece :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's always nice to be able to class something as finished - means I can feel less guilty about the yarn I just bought for yet another WIP!! :)

      Delete
  2. Your blanket really does look like gingham - love it! And what a cute little frame. I really like the scallops around the outside edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really just a repeating set of shell stitches around the edge, quite easy as long as you keep count of your stitches... which I didn't, though you can't tell that a couple are slightly smaller than the others :)

      Delete