Wednesday 9 April 2014

WIP Wednesday




Uhm, well I think it's safe to say that my WIP's are getting a little out of hand at the moment! My mum asked me the other day how I manage to fit all of it in... the obvious answer being that it's the reason I never seem to get anything finished!! It's not helped by the fact that I'm pretty busy at the moment with work, so I'm not exactly full of motivation to set to and get things finished - I'm much more likely to be distracted by whatever simply little thing catches my eye.

First, something that's kinda finished, but not...


I have a chronic lack of vases in my flat at the moment (not helped by my tendency to use the ones I do have for holding small balls of yarn that have no other purpose) and the over-sized jars I use in place of vases are kinda ugly. So I crocheted a cover for one of the jars to make it look better! The cover itself is finished, though I intend to make some decorations to attach to it... just struggling to decide which ones in particular at the moment!

I'm probably now about half way through my Elise shawl... or at least halfway through the yarn :) It's already proving to be something of a pain to photograph, so have an up close and personal picture of the yarn and it's unblocked texture!


I also have no idea how I'm going to block this when it's finished...! It's going to need some pretty harsh pinning to stretch the pattern to how it should be, so I'm thinking a dunk in the bath and then pinned onto a sheet or something on my living room floor.  Images of that palaver will, naturally, be posted at a later date :)

I've also made a start on a small mountain of African flowers for my Steggie! It's pretty slow going considering they're so small, though the size of the hook and the absolutely tiny starting chain circle mean that my hands cramp up after a couple of them and I need a break... still, loving them so far!


And here's one in-progress... on a 1.75mm hook!


No, really, a 1.75mm hook! My mum promptly declared me crazy when she saw it... and I don't think I can really argue with her on that one!!


My OUAT sampler is on a little bit of a hold for the moment - I'm saving it to take back home with me over the Easter break, but I was tempted down the sewing path once again by the Frosted Pumpkins, with their new pattern released on the 1st April... this one practically begged to be bought, especially considering I already had some suitable fabric on hand and just needed to order the thread. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! Here's the progress so far:







No comments:

Post a Comment