Friday 4 April 2014

A very quick FO Friday



I've got a pretty busy few days coming up, and my WIP's list is getting slightly out of hand, so here's a couple of the little things I managed to get finished... uh... recently!! *coughs* not that I've been intending to post this for two weeks or anything *coughs*

Since I've been distracted by other projects recently (and work is kinda kicking my butt!) I've only got a couple of FO's from the last couple of weeks. The first is another Bower Bird - made with the intention of trying to correct some of my tensioning issues that cropped up during Lucy's workshop. I think I've solved the problem, though it's something I'm going to have to concentrate on as I go along I guess.


This little guy was made with my trusty Stylecraft Special DK.... mostly because I knew I had enough of that on hand that I wasn't likely to run out halfway through... that and I really didn't fancy the hand cramps that making him from cotton would likely provide!! He's also stuffed with a combination of normal fill and lavender - I couldn't resist!! :)

My other FO of recent weeks is this little guy:


As a first attempt at a (slightly confusing) pattern, I'm pretty happy with how he turned out!! The frill isn't quite as large as I'd like, and no matter what I tried I simply couldn't get his tentacles to curl... but despite that I think he's adorable!!

He's made (from what I can remember two weeks after the fact) from my declining stash of Sirdar Snuggly and is currently hanging from the shelf above my desk... though to be honest I'm tempted to take him into work to hang above my desk there! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment